How to Use LED Strip Lights

LED Strip lights are thin, flexible lighting that can be utilised throughout homes and gardens. You can purchase both waterproof plus non-waterproof lights and light strips can be cut to perfectly suit your project.

To affix non — waterproof lights simply peel off the adhesive strip and stick. Waterproof lights are affixed using screws and mounting clips.

You can select LED strip lights based on colour, lighting and how moisture proof they are. Lights are usually sold in spools.

Most LED strips need to be used with a 12v strength source so if in doubt check with the maker and your electrician.

Where to Use LED Strip Lights

LED lights are quick, effective, eco-friendly and incredibly cheap to operate. You can use them anywhere you want to, but they’re most commonly used as a way to highlight areas in the home.

For example , you can place lights around the bottom of your kitchen cupboards or above your work areas. You can use them in your garden in order to illuminate a pathway or even place them behind a mirror in your restroom to give a ‘dressing room’ impact.

What About Colours?

Light is a fabulous way to add interest and personality to a home, but installing brand new light fittings can be expensive plus disruptive.
If you enjoyed this information and you would certainly like to receive more facts concerning LED Panel kindly see the web site.
With LED lights, they have quick and easy to make a transformation and you will never have to start messing with wiring or even drilling holes in your ceiling

LED lights come in a myriad of different colours and you can even find strip lighting that change from one colour to a different. Because they’re so cheap to run, using LED lights around the house is a great way to provide enough lighting to get around and avoid having to enter pitch black rooms, without having to fork out thousands on energy bills, which is exactly what would happen if you kept your standard bulbs on all the time.

Are they Secure?

The short answer is yes! LED lights don’t get hot like normal bulbs. 90% of the power they use goes into making light, as opposed to the 20% achieved by normal bulbs (the other 80% of energy is wasted producing heat).

This means that LED strip lamps don’t get hot, so you can use them within cupboards and wardrobes, in bathrooms, to illuminate shelving or together walls.

Can I Fit LED Strip Lights Myself?

If you want to plug your LED Strip Lights into the mains then you can match them yourself, but if you want them wired in then you’ll need to utilize the services of an electrician. However , many homeowners prefer to simply purchase and plug in, which looks just as efficient as wired in strip lights.

Lee McIver invites you to save a little money and do your bit for the environment by replacing all your traditional light bulbs with energy-saving BROUGHT light bulbs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *